Sunday, February 6, 2011

2011

2011 has gotten off to a fast start!  Since I have done such a poor job of maintaining this blog over the past couple of years, I told myself that I will try to do better this year.  It really is a good way to keep track of everything going on.

My father-in-law (otherwise known as Poppy) was elected to the State House in November.  The swearing in was on January 11.  The night before, we had dinner with everyone at a nice Italian restaurant (I can't remember the name of it) but the food was great.  We watched the swearing in of the General Assembly from Legislative Plaza.  We are really proud of you Poppy and we know you will do great job serving your constituents.




Rodeo
On January 28 we took the girls to watch the Lone Star Rodeo.  Ella Kate absolutely loved the rodeo!  She loves horses so this was right up her ally.  Nana and Pa went with us and Pa may have enjoyed it just as much as Ella Kate. ;)





Last weekend, it was pretty nice outside for a change, so we went to Nana & Pa's to enjoy some time outside.  Ella Kate rode her Gator and Ava & Addie enjoyed riding their Barbie Jeep (or car as Ava prefers to call it).  Nana & Pa got them the Barbie Jeep for Christmas but they have only got to ride it a few times.  Ava seems to be the "in charge" and mostly drives.  Addie is usually just along for the ride.




Today I took Ella Kate to a birthday party. Her good buddy, Cooper, was celebrating his birthday at Bowling World. This was the first time Ella Kate had been bowling. As with most things, she liked it right away and didn't want to leave when the party was over.




No comments: